About Delhi


Foreign Nationals coming to India are required to possess a genuine and valid national passport or any other internationally recognized travel document establishing his/her nationality and identity, bearing the photograph of the individual.


Nepal and Bhutan nationals if entering India by land or air from the Nepal or Bhutan border respectively do not require a passport for entering into India. However, they are required to possess, authorized identity proof.

Foreigner's Regional Registration Offices (FRROs) in New Delhi, Mumbai and Calcutta and the Chief Immigration Officer in Madras, handle visa renewals as well as permits for Restricted Areas, via Andaman, Islands, Sikkim, Assam, Ladakh, Lahaul Spiti, etc.
  • New Delhi: East Block-VIII, Level-II, Sector-1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
    Telephone: (91 11) 3319489
  • Calcutta: 9/1, Gariahat Road, Calcutta - 700020.
    Telephone: (91 33) 443301, 2470549
  • Chennai: 9, Village Road, Nungabakkam, Madras - 600034.
    Telephone: (91 44) 8270549
  • Mumbai: 2nd Floor, 414 V.S. Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400001.
    Telephone: (91 22) 430133
  • Amritsar: 123-D, Ranjit Avenue, Amritsar - 143001.
    Telephone: (91 183 2214186)

For more information: http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/

Visa fees

The fees for getting an Indian Visa vary from country to country. Please check with the Indian Embassy in the respective country for the applicable fee.

Visa on Arrival

The Government of India currently allows "Visa on Arrival" for foreign nationals of a few selected countries.
For further details : www.immigrationindia.nic.in/instructions_foreigners.htm

VISA conversions and extensions

Powers of VISA conversions and extensions to foreigners residing in India vests with the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Foreigners can approach the ministry at

Ministry of Home Affairs (Foreigners Division).

Jaisalmer House, 26,
Man Singh Road, New Delhi
between 10 AM to 12 Noon on all working days (Monday to Friday).


Foreigners Regional Registration Office, Delhi

The change of VISA status from one category to another category is normally not allowed. It can be considered by the Ministry of Home Affairs, only under extraordinary circumstances.

For further details : www.immigrationindia.nic.in/visa_extension.htm